Verse

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Week 1 done! On to week 2!

If you want to see some photos of John follow CHP recruiting on FB and they have a photo album of his class CTC II-13. See if you can find him in the pictures. :)

So Friday was the end of week 1! They did lose someone. Someone quit they think because of an injury prior to coming that was hurting too much for PT. But we will see how many they really lose when everyone comes back tonight. It's harder to quit and leave than it is to just not go back. But anyway, John said it took like 2 hours to leave the academy grounds on Friday night. They were testing the cadets leaving, asking about certain codes. If they didn't know the answer they would send them to the back of the line. But by the time John got close they decided it was taking too long and just let them go. So he stayed the weekend at my aunt and uncles house, who were out of town so he got some quiet time althought I think he would have liked to have some social interaction with people. He spent most of Saturday shopping for all the stuff he needed for the next week and making his stenciled and shirts for PT. Sunday was pretty much the same too. We got to FaceTime!

It was good to see him. I felt bad though because he said he called his bunk mates and they were hangout with their girlfriends and all he got to do was FaceTime hangout with me. I really wish I could have been there to help him get all the things he needed and help him make his shirts so he didn't struggle so much but I know all of this will make him stronger. But it was a lot of work he had to get done and didn't have anyone to work with him like most of the other cadets did. He is also someone who over analyzes and over thinks things so he messed up on like 4 shirts (letters weren't big enough, worth what he wasn't suppose to, ect.), and his homework assignment (last time I checked) he had to redo 4 times. (Wasn't straight, missed spelled words, etc.) So here goes to week 2!!! PRAY, PRAY PRAY!!! Pray he just focuses, listens and gets things done with ease!

As for me, I enjoyed my cousins wedding on Friday, which was so much fun! Loved it! Athough before i left for San Diego, my car freaked out after my Mary Kay deliveries. At least I have an awesome future father in law that has a tire shop and could get DeDe all up and going again! Got all my teachings things ready for next week on Saturday, while FaceTiming John all day and then on Sunday I got to see a vision I had when I first starting learning ASL come to life with our first Deaf Awareness Day. Here's to another great week of teaching and a thriving Mary Kay business week!

No comments:

Post a Comment