Verse

Monday, September 2, 2013

Reality hits

So today reality really started to set in. This time next week my fiancé will be done with his first day of the academy! After searching 1/2 the day for his glasses, we started get him packed! We went through his checklist of all things needed. After that we cleaned out his closet. Not to pack just yet, but to get rid of things he doesn't want in our future home. That's when it hit me. This is it! This is his last week home, in his bed. When he leaves the academy in March we actually get to start our lives together. Crazy! So after we finished the closet, we talked about our future budget. See, he comes into our marriage with no debt. I on the other had have a good amount, $40,000. So we want to work together and get it done as quick as possible bit make sure we are saving for a good down payment for our first place too. And it feels like we have a great plan in place, thank you Dave Ramsey!
So hopefully tomorrow we will make it down to go get our marriage license.... Yes you saw that right... Our marriage license! Thank God I decided to look that up. I was thinking "I wonder if we both have to be there to get one". And sure enough. Thank God also that they are valid for 90 days bc our wedding is in 80 days so it's perfect! We will just have to make sure that pastor gets that in right after the wedding. Hopefully the next time I will be writing will be after orientation, the night I have to say goodbye. This is it! This is what we have been praying for and I know with all my heart he will be doing the rest of his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment