Verse

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 3

It just makes me feel so happy to hear his ringtone go off on my phone! Tonight he sounded so much better. Not as tired. But he said he needed to get off the academy grounds over the weekend. Many of the other cadets leave every weekend, even the ones who are more southern. Great thing is my aunt is only 20 mins from him so he will have a great place to run away and just study. He says there are so many rules he feels like he is always breaking one and doesn't want to worry about it over the weekend. He has a retread (someone who has been in the academy before) as a roommate and he is really helping him out and giving him great advice. That makes me feel so much better that he has someone to help guide him a little bit more. They haven't started PT (physical training) yet. That makes him a bit nervous but I know he can handle it. It will be hard but he's got it. :) 

I got a second phone call tonight too! He was shining his boots so he thought we could talk. You could hear all the others in the background as they were all getting things ready for tomorrow. He said he doesn't have enough time in the day to learn everything, such as making his bed right. That is going to bite him in the butt next week of he doesn't get that together. He just has sooooo much to learn and remember but he will get the hang of it. Just may take some time, hopefully not too much. Oh! He told me how one guy tripped and completely face planted it. So EMS got him all fixed up and then asked him if he had a good sense of humor. The rest of the day he wore a big red construction hat! Lol at least they were having fun among all the craziness. 

This morning I sent him the verse from one of my devotionals
Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. (Matthew 21:21 NIV)
This will be the verse of the next 6 months. All we have to have is the faith of a mustard seed to tell that mountain to move! I know I have way more faith than the size of a mustard seed so this can and will be done! 

Thanks for all the love and support! Keep the prayers coming! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment