Verse

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

1/2 way done w/ week 3

So haven't been able to talk to John much these past 2 days. They got in trouble last week so they have PT every morning @ 4 because of it. So he needs to get some rest before each day so he goes to bed around 9:30-10 if he can. But Monday started the EVOC (driving) training In the classrooms. He is really excited about that. They told him that the reason most people fail out of EVOC is because they psych themselves out. They will teach his everything he needs to know about driving if he just listens and focuses. So I feel so much better about it too. When he gets relief, I get relief. So he got to be in the car when one of the trainers did a 360 on the skid pan. He said it was awesome! Spoken like a true boy. Lol but I love hearing his excitement. They have been running for obstacles in their Cadet uniforms which have been hard but good. 

He passed his first LD test this week w/ 100%. (With me to help him study of course lol) and he said he felt really good about the 2nd one too. So when he gets 100% he doesn't have homework which is awesome and makes things a bit easier. He can let go and move on to the next thing. They have definition for EVOC that they will be tested on tomorrow so he has been able to just focus on that, the penal codes and vehicles codes. He sounds tired but he also sounds like he found his grove, getting things down. I love getting to hear his joke with his roommates and laugh a little. 

He will be coming home for the weekend next week which I cannot wait for! It lets me take a deep breath when I know I will see him soon. I have something to work towards and look forward too.  And we did decide to change the wedding date back a week to November 29th, the Friday after Thanksgiving. We then don't have to stress about him coming home then going back and then coming home again for thanksgiving. I know it will throw off a few people but that's okay. What's important is that he will have less stress about it and we actually will get to enjoying being married for at least a day! So I am just waiting for the confirmation with the venue to make sure the time is good so I can send out the invites and get this ball rolling once again. So look for that! Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment